Our Kempo Karate system is made up of two different styles of Martial Arts, a hard Karate style and a soft Kung-Fu style. Shaolin Fist Way Kung Fu makes use of the Five Animals of the Famous Shaolin Temple.
Our eclectic style of Shaolin Kempo Karate also has influences of Tae Kwon Do, Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Thai Boxing and Kobujitsu. This makes our style a very unique and effective martial art that can be used in any situation or self defense circumstance.
We are affiliated with one of the oldest schools in Canada, "The Canadian Karate Kung-Fu Association" under the direction of Grand Master Dave Chong.
"Our Karate is Okinawan based and is otherwise known as Shotokan Karate."
Some of the benefits of training at TEAM UMAC's, Kempo Karate Program:
- Provides a proven effective means of Self Defense
- Increased self-esteem and discipline
- Helps to create a healthier lifestyle
- Builds strong mind, body, and spirit
- An excellent way to reduce stress
Kids benefit from TEAM UMAC's Kempo Karate program by:
- Preparing them to handle any situation i.e. Bully-proofing
- Teaching them how to create goal and work hard to achieve them
- Being involved in a safe and empowering environment
- Reinforcing our shared values of discipline and respect
- Providing them with "life skills" to excel in school and most importantly in life